- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1-pound ground chicken, preferably thigh meat
- 1 large egg
- ½ celery stalk, minced
- 1 box Simple Mills Farmhouse Cheddar crackers
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine the butter/ghee and sauce in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat, whisking until butter is fully incorporated. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Place the entire box of crackers into a food processor (or spice grinder in batches) and pulse until a breadcrumb consistency.
3. Combine the sauce mixture, ground chicken, egg, celery, cracker crumbs, and salt in a large bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Place parchment paper on a platter or large plate. Form the mixture into four burger patties and place on a platter. With your thumb, put a small indent in each burger to keep it flat while cooking. Place the burger into the refrigerator to firm up for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove the burgers from the refrigerator. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F. Allow the burgers to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips: Add blue cheese to your burgers if you can handle dairy. Double the batch and freeze half for a quick meal later.
You must log in to post a comment.