Practice good mealtime habits. Eat meals at the table in a relaxed fashion. Do not allow distractions like TV, phone, or email while you are eating. Chew slowly and thoroughly, don’t gulp. Take the time to enjoy the delicious, healthy food you’ve prepared!
Eat three meals a day, starting with a good breakfast. Base each meal around 1 to 2 palm-sized protein sources. Fill the rest of your plate with vegetables. Occasionally add a serving of fruit. Add fat in the following recommended amounts per meal:
- All oils and cooking fats (olive oil, animal fats, etc.): 1 to 2 thumb-sized portions
- All butters (ghee, coconut butter, nut butters, etc.): 1 to 2 thumb-sized portions
- Coconut (shredded or flaked): 1 to 2 open (heaping) handfuls
- Olives: 1 to 2 open (heaping) handfuls
- Nuts and Seeds: Up to one closed handful
- Avocado: 1/2 to 1 avocado
- Coconut Milk: Between 1/4 and 1/2 of one (14-ounce) can
Make each meal large enough to satisfy you until the next meal – don’t snack, if you can help it. Stop eating a few hours before bed.
You must log in to post a comment.